Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cooking With Chef Chan (It's late I Know I'm sorry)

We all know how Southern people love pankcakes, especially me. I was walking around the grocery store and a thought came to me why don't you make pumpkin pancakes. Now in the South we are use to sweet potatoes not pumpkins. So I bought a can of pumpkin puree and jazzed it up a little and this is where my recipe derived from. I love trying different things and this is surely something different that I wouldn't have really tried, because I'm a sweet potato girl. Well with that being said I hope you enjoy. 
 
 
"Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes with Warm Cinnamon Syrup"
 
Ingredients:
Aunt Jemima Complete Pancake Mix (use the measurements on the back)
Aunt Jemima syrup (or your favorite brand)
1 can of Libby's 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin (small can)
1/4 tsp of allspice
1/4 tsp of ground ginger
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
 
 
Method of Production:
*Measure pancake mix according to how many ppl you are preparing for (look on the back of the box)
*Once you've measured and added your water to your mix. Stir and combine.
*Add your spices and vanilla extract
*Add 1/4 cup of the pumpkin puree'
(Gently fold it in. You don't want to overwork the mix because it will result in tough pancakes.
*Add a little butter to pan, add mix, and cook.
*Measure 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and add it to 1 cup of syrup. Place in microwave for few seconds just to warm it up.
If you have little kids around, to make it more interesting to them to eat the pancakes. You can go to the craft store and pick up a pumpkin, leaf, etc cookie cutter and you can cut the shapes out of the pancakes.
 
"I pray that you have a safe and a Happy Thanksgiving" 
 
 Love,
 Chefchan

No comments:

Post a Comment